[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2539: v.in.ogr: error importing shapefiles: ValueError : too many values to unpack

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 12 09:17:05 PST 2015

#2539: v.in.ogr: error importing shapefiles: ValueError  :  too many values to
unpack
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  richardc                    |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-32                      |
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment(by mlennert):

 I'm really losing the little that is left of my hair over this... ;-)

 I did a completely fresh checkout of relbr70 this morning and could
 confirm the issue. Now I did the same and the issue seems to have gone
 away. IIUC, the issue was fixed with r64041, changing

 {{{
 layerName, featureType, projection = map(lambda x: x.strip(),
 line.split(','))
 }}}

 {{{
 layerName, featureType, projection, geometryColumn = map(lambda x:
 x.strip(), line.split(','))
 }}}

 in gui/wxpython/gui_core/gselect.py, thus solving the issue of only three
 variables, but four values.

 I don't understand why I still saw this error this morning, though.

 I'll check out, recompile and test tomorrow on other machines running with
 gdal 1.10. I'll keep it open until then.

 P.S. Could it be that certain gui files are not updated with 'make
 distclean; svn up; configure; make' ? I shouldn't have to do fresh
 checkouts everytime...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2539#comment:10>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>