[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2539: v.in.ogr: error importing shapefiles: ValueError : too many values to unpack

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 13 01:01:39 PST 2015

#2539: v.in.ogr: error importing shapefiles: ValueError  :  too many values to
unpack
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  richardc  |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  closed
 Component:  wxGUI     |     Version:  svn-releasebranch70
Resolution:  fixed     |    Keywords:  wxgui vector import wizard
  Platform:  Linux     |         Cpu:  x86-32
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by mlennert):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:10 mlennert]:
 > I'm really losing the little that is left of my hair over this... ;-)
 >
 > I did a completely fresh checkout of relbr70 this morning and could
 confirm the issue. Now I did the same and the issue seems to have gone
 away. IIUC, the issue was fixed with r64041, changing

 > {{{
 > layerName, featureType, projection = map(lambda x: x.strip(),
 line.split(','))
 > }}}

 > {{{
 > layerName, featureType, projection, geometryColumn = map(lambda x:
 x.strip(), line.split(','))
 > }}}
 >
 > in gui/wxpython/gui_core/gselect.py, thus solving the issue of only
 three variables, but four values.

 > I don't understand why I still saw this error this morning, though.
 >
 > I'll check out, recompile and test tomorrow on other machines running
 with gdal 1.10. I'll keep it open until then.

 Just did that with relbr7 and everything seems to work, now. Thanks for
 the fixes.

 Closing the ticket.

 Moritz

--