[GRASS-dev] how to formulate Makefiles for addons so that additional files get installed correctly by g.extension [was: Re: installing metadata addon fails]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jan 13 01:31:22 PST 2015

On 13/01/15 01:20, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> So I guess #2480 and #2534 have to be treated individually on a
>> case-by-case basis ?
>
> What exactly is the issue there?
>
> If building them manually works, that suggests a problem with
> g.extension.

In both cases, I can run

make
MODULE_TOPDIR=../../../../grass70_release/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/

from the respective directories in the grass-addons svn tree without any
problems.

AFAIU, #2097 also has similar issues: here g.extension installs
everything fine, but then the installed script cannot find the
additional (library) files.

So, maybe I should reformulate my original question:

When a python addon uses additional .py files,

1) Do we have general rules as to what should be installed where
(r.modis installs additional files in a r.modis directory in the local
addons directory : .grass7/addons/r.modis - should addons create such
directories there or should they go into .grass7/addons/etc ?

2) How should the Makefile be formulated so that all the additional
files get installed by g.extension ? This currently does not seem to
work for at least i.segment.hierarchical and v.class.ml.

Moritz