[GRASS-dev] SESSION_MANAGER environment variable not defined

Andy Wickert wickert at colorado.edu
Tue Jan 13 02:02:04 PST 2015

Markus, you're a genius! I just tried starting the version of GRASS
available on the apt repositories and got this message:

awickert at dakib:~$ grass
Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...
ERROR: wxGUI does not support wxPython 3.0.0.0 yet.
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please
Switching to text mode now.
Hit RETURN to continue...

So I think that what you are saying is that wxPython 3 somehow becomes the
default / interferes with GRASS. I did:

awickert at dakib:~$ sudo apt-get remove python-wxgtk3.0

and now everything works. Well, hopefully my removal of wxPython 3 doesn't
break something else, so hm, is there a way to ensure that GRASS GIS always
looks for wxPython 2?

Thank you!!

Andy

---
Andrew D. Wickert
INSTAAR & Geological Sciences, University of Colorado Boulder
Now at:
Universität Potsdam
Institut für Erd- und Umweltwissenschaften
Haus 29, Rm. 153
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 24-25
14476 Potsdam-Golm, Deutschland