[GRASS-dev] Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC1

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 21 00:19:10 PST 2015

On 20/01/15 18:04, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> 2015-01-16 16:31 GMT+01:00 Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com>:
>>>> In view of Markus M explanation, +1 for RC2 today rather than tomorrow.
>>> I don't see any reason why to hurry so much. Let's wait at least some
>>> days. Martin
>> I would like to have RC2 soon too, but let's wait until next week, we will
>> be able to fix hopefully couple of other things until then.
> We should consider RC2 for later this week.
> What's missing for it in terms of fixes?
>> We should have clearer idea what will be after RC2?
> For now I have started to add stuff to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#Planningongoing
>> How long do we plan to test before
>> release? I know it will depend on current situation, but still we should
>> have a plan.
> There is a plan:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure

Well, this procedure states that :

"If sufficient support is present, the first announcement is sent by the 
Release manager to the developers mailing list about the upcoming 
release along with a trac planning page (section). [...] The 
announcement should also include an approximate time table for the 
release, including the start of hard freeze, RC1, RC2, final release and 
the link to the trac page."


More information about the grass-dev mailing list