[GRASS-dev] Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC1

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 21 00:19:10 PST 2015

On 20/01/15 18:04, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't see any reason why to hurry so much. Let's wait at least some
>>> days. Martin
>>

>> I would like to have RC2 soon too, but let's wait until next week, we will
>> be able to fix hopefully couple of other things until then.
>
> We should consider RC2 for later this week.
> What's missing for it in terms of fixes?
>
>> We should have clearer idea what will be after RC2?
>
> For now I have started to add stuff to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#Planningongoing
>
>> How long do we plan to test before
>> release? I know it will depend on current situation, but still we should
>> have a plan.
>
> There is a plan:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure

Well, this procedure states that :

"If sufficient support is present, the first announcement is sent by the
Release manager to the developers mailing list about the upcoming
release along with a trac planning page (section). [...] The
announcement should also include an approximate time table for the
release, including the start of hard freeze, RC1, RC2, final release and
the link to the trac page."

Moritz