[GRASS-dev] Planning GRASS GIS 7.0.0RC1

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 21 01:56:02 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 20/01/15 18:04, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
>>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
>> There is a plan:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/4_ReleaseProcedure
>
> Well, this procedure states that :
>
> "If sufficient support is present, the first announcement is sent by the
> Release manager to the developers mailing list about the upcoming release
> along with a trac planning page (section). [...] The announcement should
> also include an approximate time table for the release, including the start
> of hard freeze, RC1, RC2, final release and the link to the trac page."

Well, it is very difficult to predict the final release date. See here
for the undone backports which I have found (indeed, it is the task of
the respective developer to take care of that):

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#Planningongoing

Excerpt:

- Update Release/7.0.0RC1-News  <<- Should it become generic RC News?
- Update Splash screen
- Update Welcome screen

To be backported:
- r64270 raster3d docs
- r64239, r64216 temporal docs
- r64226 XML (?)

Relevant differences - to be clarified:
- various modules: %s= and %s= are mutually exclusive (r?)

All this needs to be solved for RC2.

Markus