[GRASS-dev] Making start of GRASS GIS easier for newcomers

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jan 30 05:22:56 PST 2015

On 30.01.2015 14:35, Yann Chemin wrote:

> Continuing the crazy thoughts,
> You could have FFT/wavelet parameters per column of a raster image
> hard-coded to create an image on request (that I could do I think).
> About a
> vector, well a set of polygon arcs pairs can easily be stored in code
> and
> (i suppose) imported on the fly as a vector.

I was thinking more of random stuff (random points, polygons for
vectors, and some arbitrary raster maps based on some random/fuzzy
rules).  But your idea is far more advanced and suitable for the case.

So, we are talking about a "minimal data set" created on-demand,
without the need to deliver any real data.  I will help in this
direction, as far as I can.  What do others think about this?

Nikos