[GRASS-dev] New splash screen for GRASS GIS 7?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 30 10:52:39 PST 2015

Thanks for doing the voting page Martin.

There seem to be 4 main components to the splash screen decisions:

1) Which image to use (we seem to be narrowing that down a lot)
2) Which font (unless we are set now with Fira Sans for the sans serif font)
3) Whether to use upper or lower case
4) Where to put the text on the image

For myself, I like the grassy world in color,
the Fira Sans/Garramond fonts
the lower case for grass gis
and probably the text across the bottom of the image so the map aspect of the grassy world image can be better seen

Since this combination doesn’t exist, I’m not yet sure how best to express this on the page.

But all that said, and as much as I am in favor of our democratic procedures over all, I’m not sure voting will give the best graphic design. So maybe voting should be advisory, with Vincent having final say so?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)