[GRASS-dev] Debugging QGIS with GRASS provider on Windows

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:48:28 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to debug QGIS GRASS provider on Windows. I have successfully
> compiled GRASS 7 using MinGW [1] and QGIS using MSVC [2]. The problem
> is that MSVC does not support GCC debugging symbols and vice versa. Do
> you have any idea how to debug both QGIS and GRASS code at the same
> time, preferably in MSVC or Qt Creator?
>
> Is there any recent effort to compile GRASS with MSVC? I have only
> found quite an old mail about MSVC port [3].

There is an exploratory effort to use CMake for GRASS GIS [1] but there is
a lack of CMake experts with free time. In theory this is one of the steps
to compile GRASS with MSVC. Isn't it possible to easily compile QGIS with
MinGW thanks to CMake (since GCC is used on other platforms)?

Vaclav

[1] https://github.com/starseeker/grass