[GRASS-dev] Planning GRASS GIS 6.4.5 release

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Mon Jun 22 05:50:53 PDT 2015

Hi,
sorry for the following confused remark : using 6.4.5 (right now rev.
65516) on a daily basis I sometimes (rarely) have an issue with wxGUI,
but can't foresee when it happens :
consider a workspace composed of several quite big vector maps. Select
"Digitize" from the pull-down menu in the map display window. Then
select the name of the vector map to edit : sometimes the current edited
map will not be the one I choosed but another one in the layer tree, and
this particular map is impossible to select from the list... Digitizing
the map can always be performed the right way by selecting "Start
editing" from the right-click menu in the layer tree.

I did not find a particular situation when it occurs, except that :
-it's always concerning big vector files (i.e. contour maps),
-it does not happen if the layer tree contains only one vector map (the
one I want to edit).

Sorry again for the lack of formal clues but perhaps this point should
be considered blocking for a stable release. Hope some of you can
reproduce this bug or have some idea about what can be wrong there.

Vincent.