[GRASS-dev] port of v.points.cog to python

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Mar 7 03:38:51 PST 2015

On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 11:16:21AM +0100, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Am 07.03.2015 10:43 schrieb Markus Metz:
> >On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>Here is a rewrite of the v.points.cog module in python.
> >
> >I think v.points.cog is superseded by v.centerpoint which offers cog
> >as well as other kinds of centerpoints.
>
> AFAIR, v.points.cog offers the possibility to get cog for clusters
> of points defined by an attribute. v.centerpoint does not offer
> this. So, either it might be interesting to add this to
> v.centerpoint, or to rewrite v.points.cog as a wrapper around
> v.centerpoint.

I think that using v.centerpoint in v.points.cog would be the best, as
it would then be possible to add a pcenter= option to v.points.cog to be
able to use v.centerpoint other possibilities.

I can do that, but I think that it is best to first commit the
translation of v.points.cog as is and in a second step add the call to
v.centerpoints instead of duplicating in v.points.cog what
v.centerpoints does.

Is it ok?

--
Pat