[GRASS-dev] what happened to r.out.arc?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 9 15:32:58 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> So AAIGrid is the newish name for ESRI in gdal I guess. In tests today, it
> has the same problem as before.
>
> The null values need to be specified as -9999. This is not a big problem.
> Just a little annoyance.

I would expect that r.out.gdal can take care of that.

> Sometimes it exports different headers that are not compatible with NetLogo
> raster ingest. Perhaps this is the only program that has a problem but maybe
> not.
>
> Sometimes it exports a header with a single “cellsize” line (which is what
> r.out.arc always did and what NetLogo expects) and other times it exports 2
> lines “dx” and “dy”.

This happens in case of non-square pixels:

http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html
"If pixels being written are not square (the width and height of a
pixel in georeferenced units differ) then DX and DY parameters will be
output instead of CELLSIZE."

So you may control that with g.region prior to r.out.gdal.

Markus