[GRASS-dev] GSOC project proposal

Sarthak Agarwal sarthak.a at research.iiit.ac.in
Mon Mar 9 15:50:02 PDT 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Myself Sarthak currently working under Dr. KS Rajan as a research student in Spatial Informatics Lab, IIIT hyderabad . I am currently working in spatial databases by optimizing the performance of mongoDb for spatial databases. Previously i have worked on Billboard placement optimization problem considering the spatial ,temporal and traffic features.

I am interested in working with grass org under the project "New easy-to-use command line interface for GRASS GIS". The problem looks interesting to me. I am familiar with the technologies needed for this project.As i have already worked in c++ and python .

Can you please provide me with some more literature and links to understand the underlying concept behind the problem and a direction to solve it. Also I want to know whether someone is already committed to this Project or not?

Regards,
Sarthak Agarwal
Btech and Ms by research in Spatial Informatics
International Institute Of Information Technology ,Hyderabad