[GRASS-dev] compile gdal with grass

Michel Wortmann wortmann at pik-potsdam.de
Wed Mar 11 01:58:03 PDT 2015

Hi Martin and list,
would it be possible to reflect these changes in the Ubuntu packages on
the gdal launchpad (ubuntugis-unstable) and making them compatible with
the grass7 packages?

I tried building gdal 1.11.2 --with-grass against preinstalled grass7
packages (Ubuntu 14.04), but the grass7 (and qgis for that matter) are
still depending on gdal-1.11.1. Now just to be able to browse the GRASS
database in QGIS it would make it necessary to build all three from
source. Or are there any ideas on avoiding that? The gdal-grass plugin
unfortunately doesnt work with grass-7.

Thanks,
Michel