[GRASS-dev] QGIS GRASS Plugin Upgrade Crowdfunding

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:11:13 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Pietro <peter.zamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Radim,
>
> together with Francesco Geri, last week we started to write a first
> draft that generate the GUI for the GRASS module dynamically (based on
> the xml generated with: --interface-description), so far it is based
> on grass7 but should work also on grass6 (not tested, should be enough
> to backport the pygrass.modules.Module class).

The GUI for GRASS module in the plugin is also generated based on
--interface-description, qgm files are only used to define a subset of
module's options or to override option attributes (like label) if
necessary. So it is already implemented, but always combined with qgm,
skipping qgm, it maybe used to generate generic UI for any module.
Using qgm gives more power, for example table field combo options
based on current layer selected as input, setting input type from
input layer, selecting feature categories in map canvas and so on.

You may be interested in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/plugins/grass/qgsgrassmodule.cpp

Do you see a possibility how we could join the effort?

Radim