[GRASS-dev] GSOC project proposal: GUI plugin system for GRASS GIS

jyoti misra jyotimisra.99 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:20:09 PDT 2015

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with exams last week.

I compiled the code from source, read a tutorial on grass gis and I am
fairly comfortable with grass environment.

I was looking into the Bug: "Quotes not preserved in command after pressing
enter in GUI command console" and tried it out on my machine. I was trying
to fix it and I think most probably it's some problem with regex search
which is deleting the quotes from the command.
I was looking into the code for fixing the bug but couldn't find the
relevant file to change. Could you please guide me with that.

Also for the enhancement: "Button, documentation and perhaps something more
interactive for finding EPSG codes online rather then in GRASS GIS list" I
was thinking of more interactive process of using EPSG -
1. We can merge epsg.io code into our existing structure. http://epsg.io/
2. We can add a button that will redirect users to epsg.io
I would like to have your suggestions on the same

I know I am running a bit late with the bug fixing but I can assure you I
won't disappoint you during the course of project.
I am very interested in doing GSOC under grass org as it will be an added
advantage to my ongoing research in computer science and spatial
informatics. I would be thankful if you could help me with submitting GSOC
proposal.

Regards
Jyoti