[GRASS-dev] new rendering

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu May 14 20:05:42 PDT 2015

Hi Martin,

I saw you are implementing better rendering mechanism, which is really
needed. It seems faster (although I have a new computer and everything is
fast now so it's difficult to say). I know it's work in progress, but here
are some problems I encountered in case you are not aware of them:

- legend (overlays) doesn't show up, no error
- dragging layers causes error
- MapSwipe doesn't work - due to calls layer.Render() but it requires
parameter environment. There are actually several of these calls in
render.py, I was not sure what to do, maybe some of them can be just
removed.
- Vector digitizer and 3D view have some issues

I will try to help as soon as I better understand the changes. Thank you!

Anna