[GRASS-dev] r.quantile not respecting region and mask

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:11:19 PST 2015

Hi,

Am I correct that r.quantile does not use/respect the region and mask?
In the examples on the manual page (version 7.0 and 7.1) the region is
first set to the input raster, which implies that the region settings do
matter. No word on the mask in the manual page. In general, I would
expect GRASS GIS functions to respect both the region and mask. If they
do not, it might be a good idea to explicitly mention this in the manual
page (as in most such cases is done I think)?

Assuming that the above is no bug, would it be possible to add an option
to have r.quantiles compute the quantiles respecting the region and mask?

Regards,

Paulo