[GRASS-dev] Download and access statistics for Addons

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 12:50:49 PST 2015

Hi all,

we have some statistics from mailing lists on our website [1]. There are
code contributions statistics on OpenHub [2, 3]. I think in the past there
were even some stats for downloads of some files from the website. GRASS
wiki has "has been accessed n times" for each page.

I would be very interested in having the statistics for downloads from
Addons. There are of course two types of downloads, Windows binaries and
source code access which is Subversion for 6.4 and 7.0 and can't be
distinguished from developer checkouts, but in 7.1 the source code is taken
from Trac (compressed per directory).

Perhaps Trac could track the downloads of the files by itself, but now I
was able to find only one plugin which maybe supports what we need [4]. But
in general, I don't know how these things are done and for Addons it is
quite necessary to cover the Windows downloads as well. Is there some
simple way how to do track webpage access, e.g. to manual pages, without
employing tools like Google Analytics? Has somebody some experience?

Thanks,
Vaclav

[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/home/imprint/
[2] https://www.openhub.net/p/grass_gis (link from website broken)