[GRASS-dev] Different v.mkgrid table output depending on grid size

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:08:45 PST 2015

I would call it a (undocumented) feature not a bug as it dates back to
initial revision of v.mkgrid.
Unfortunately I could not find the initial commit with a rationale
behind magical number 27. Earliest change I found was from 2004, when
Radim just commits v.mkgrid with message "upgrade". It is possible
that this feature(?) dates back to original version "Written by GRASS,
Fall of 88,  Michael H." thus its original meaning seems to be lost.

I would suggest to go to trac and open a bug (with a patch,
preferably). Question, of course, is - which behaviour is the correct
one (count from bottom, count from top).

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/13320

Māris.