[GRASS-dev] Write array to (point) attribute table

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:03:49 PDT 2015

On 01-10-15 17:49, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Paulo van Breugel
>
>     with VectorTopo('testB', mode='rw') as vectormap:
>

> At the and it makes sense. 'w' removes the vectors and starts over.
> 'rw' keep the file but ones it for writing. Perhaps 'a' would make
> better sense in this case. What the documentation says?

On https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/libpython/pygrass_vector.html
it is mentioned that:

"/The open() method supports a number of option arguments (see the Info
documentation for a complete list). In particular, the mode argument can
take a a value of r for reading, w for writing, or rw for
reading/writing." [...] /"/If a vector map is opened with the mode w or
rw, then the user can write new features to the dataset/".

I think this description is somewhat ambiguous. Especially the mode='w'
is unclear to me; I could clearly not write new features to an
(existing) vector layer. It might be nice to have a short one-line
explanation of each of these options, explaining the difference.