[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r66334 - in grass-addons/grass7: . temporal temporal/t.rast.whatcsv temporal/t.rast.whatcsv/testsuite

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:14:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> > What is the reason for using SimpleModule from gunittest? In gunittest
it is
> > used to preset defaults which are needed everywhere in the gunittest.
If it
> > is advantageous perhaps we should move it to the same place where
pygrass's
> > Module currently* is. In this case, we need to rethink the defaults and
> > naming.
>
> The reason was:
> t.rast.whatcsv was a fast hack and i did not take the time to
> configure pygrass.modules.Module to do the same as SimpleModule does.
> So laziness was the reason.
>
> I think moving SimpleModule to pygrass.modules is a good idea, but
> with a better name. Unfortunately i have no better name in mind for
> SimpleModule ... .

Thanks for the answer Soeren. This is reasonable. I was not yet able to
come up with better name either. Even bigger challenge is name and place
for the new package/module which would separate/take out pygrass Module
from the ctypes-based part of pygrass package. But that's another story.
For now we just need to figure out the SimpleModule rename and whether the
parameters needs to be adjusted and what are the suggested usages. Low
priority, but should be solved before 7.1.