[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r66334 - in grass-addons/grass7: . temporal temporal/t.rast.whatcsv temporal/t.rast.whatcsv/testsuite

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:05:52 PDT 2015

Hi,

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:39 AM, <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>
>> Author: neteler
>> New Revision: 66334
>>
>> Added:
>>    grass-addons/grass7/temporal/t.rast.whatcsv/t.rast.whatcsv.py
>>
>> Log:
>> t.rast.whatcsv Addon: new prototype module by Soeren Gebbert
>>
>> +from grass.gunittest.gmodules import SimpleModule
>>
>> +
>> +    r_what = SimpleModule("r.what", map="dummy",
>> +                                    output="-",
>> +                                    separator=separator,
>> +                                    quiet=True)
>> +
>
> Soeren and Markus,
>
> What is the reason for using SimpleModule from gunittest? In gunittest it is
> used to preset defaults which are needed everywhere in the gunittest. If it
> is advantageous perhaps we should move it to the same place where pygrass's
> Module currently* is. In this case, we need to rethink the defaults and
> naming.

The reason was:
t.rast.whatcsv was a fast hack and i did not take the time to
configure pygrass.modules.Module to do the same as SimpleModule does.
So laziness was the reason.

I think moving SimpleModule to pygrass.modules is a good idea, but
with a better name. Unfortunately i have no better name in mind for
SimpleModule ... .

Best regards
Soeren