[GRASS-dev] pygrass vector changes and backport planning (7.0.x? or 7.1.x?)

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:25:15 PDT 2015

Dear Markus and Sören, dear devs,

Thanks to Sören's work the pygrass vector library has been improved a
lot in trunk during the last weeks. So far they are not signed to be
backported [0].
I would like to understand when do you think these changes can be
ported to the stable branch and in which stable (7.0.X or 7.1.X)
relaease?
Which one will be more appropriate?
When do you think the next stable will be? :-)

I would avoid to let the two branches differ too much, and I think we
should try to make trunk as much close to the release candidate as
possible if the changes seem to work.

I'm thinking when should I start updating all the r.green modules.

If you think that these changes should be ported to 7.1.X then probaly
I need a grass71 directory in grass_addons...

Let me know.

Pietro

[0] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#a7.0.2tobebackported