[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-SVN] r66413 - grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.kriging

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Oct 12 03:53:43 PDT 2015

Vaclav Petras wrote:

> I like the idea of a separate header but I would leave the implementation
> in lib/gmath. Or is this going too much against how other libraries are
> done? I'm also not sure how the prefixes should work, but these seems OK
> since there are functions with same prefix (G_) in several libraries.

Having separate headers for self-contained sections of a library isn't
an issue.

Ideally, if a localised section of a library has dependencies not
required for the rest of the library, that section is a candidate for
being a separate library (so that a lack of the dependency only
disables the features which require it, rather than the entire
library).

But this isn't rigorously followed (e.g. libgis has compile-time
dependencies on iconv, pthread, regex, and zlib, even though each of
those libraries is only used for isolated features).

> Having la.h as a separate header would conveniently hide the compilation
> issue on that Debian server.
>
> So, should I remove la.h from gmath.h?

I think so.