[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2757: r.import: ERROR: Input raster map is outside current region

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Oct 13 04:07:51 PDT 2015

On 13/10/15 12:48, GRASS GIS wrote:
> #2757: r.import: ERROR: Input raster map is outside current region
> --------------------------+-------------------------
>    Reporter:  neteler      |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
>        Type:  defect       |     Status:  closed
>   Component:  Python       |    Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:  fixed        |   Keywords:  r.import
>         CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
> --------------------------+-------------------------
> Changes (by neteler):
>
>   * status:  new => closed
>   * resolution:   => fixed
>

> Comment:
>
>   Thanks, with -l we can successfully import the Bioclim data which slightly
>   exceed the "world extent".
>
>   (for the record, the -l flag was added in r37469 in r.in.gdal)
>
>   So only the -n flag remains unclear to me but we didn't need to use it
>   here.

The -n flag comes from r.proj and is explained as such in the r.proj man
page:

"When reprojecting whole-world maps the user should disable map-trimming
with the -n flag. Trimming is not useful here because the module has the
whole map in memory anyway. Besides that, world "edges" are hard (or
impossible) to find in projections other than latitude-longitude so
results may be odd with trimming."

Moritz