[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2757: r.import: ERROR: Input raster map is outside current region

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 13 06:03:04 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> The -n flag comes from r.proj and is explained as such in the r.proj man
> page:

Right.

> "When reprojecting whole-world maps the user should disable map-trimming
> with the -n flag. Trimming is not useful here because the module has the
> whole map in memory anyway.

^^^ already here I am lost :-) Trimming is doing what (also compared to -l)?

> Besides that, world "edges" are hard (or
> impossible) to find in projections other than latitude-longitude so results
> may be odd with trimming."

All quite complicated and contradicting a bit the purpose of r.import.
Can the usage of -n be made automated for r.import and not exposed to
the user?
(in case I suggest to hide -n for now for the 7.0.2 release, it can be
introduced later if not avoidable).

Markus