[GRASS-dev] Error reading raster data for row xxx (only when using r.series and t.rast.series)

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:55:58 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 13/10/15 20:43, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
>>
>> Dangit... This is strange, just did an 'svn up', make distclean, make,
>> make install, and now this:
>>
>> Welcome to GRASS GIS 7.1.svn (r66487)
>> GRASS GIS homepage:                      http://grass.osgeo.org
>> This version running through:            Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
>> Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
>> See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
>> Start the GUI with:                      g.gui wxpython
>> When ready to quit enter:                exit
>>
>> GRASS 7.1.svn (prism):~/src/grass_trunk > g.version -r
>> GRASS 7.1.svn (2015)
>> libgis Revision: 64732
>> libgis Date: 2015-02-24 16:54:05 -0800 (Tue, 24 Feb 2015)
>>
>> Has it been so long since I have compiled GRASS that I have missed
>> something? I see that the libgis is still "old".
>

> I've sometimes had to completely erase my source tree and do a fresh svn
> checkout to get a clean new compile. Not sure why, though.
>
> Another thing: you might want to do the make distclean before the svn up.
>
> Moritz

Thanks for the tips Moritz,

I have tried your suggestion and still get the same errors.

One more clue in regards to the original "Error reading raster data
for row xxx" issue:

* about half of the time the results from t.rast.series are correct
* the other half of the time I get "Error reading raster data for row xxx"
* about 1 time in 30 runs the resulting map will be created, but will
have values at the extreme edges of FCELL precision... suggesting some
kind of overflow.

Dylan