[GRASS-dev] Using a dynamic text in module header for parser

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:09:54 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Blumentrath, Stefan <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> I hope you don`t mind that I open an enhancement request for this.

Please do. It makes a lot of sense, in C you can create interface
dynamically. But writing the whole script as a file doesn't make sense to
me. Having the interface in a string and passing that to a function
grass.script.core.parse_from_string() is something in between the current C
and Python ways and I would go with that.

Note that there is already #2133 which is about the path issues when using
GUI. Your path issues seem little bit different and may never happen if the
above would be implemented.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2133

> I saw that the “checker” structure member in the parser executes a routine

I think the checker is checking the particular item format, not the whole
thing. Thus it is unrelated to this. But good catch anyway.

Vaclav