[GRASS-dev] Using a dynamic text in module header for parser

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:22:52 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Blumentrath, Stefan <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> The script below works on Windows (at least my installation), though it
> gives me a pop-up window asking for the proper program to execute the
> specified file in the command. The pop-up can be closed and then the script
> continues as desired…

I have seen this problem with any Python module in GRASS GIS two years ago,
but I've closed the created ticket #2015 it a year ago because the behavior
was random and it is not happening in general. I think it is an operating
system issue (defected by design*), so I don't see how we could fix that.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2015

* Sounds like an overstatement but it is not. E.g., MS Win are not open
source and even MS is saying that no documentation can give you as much as
the actual source code (in relation to releasing Dot Net and other things
as open source).