[GRASS-dev] no grass plugin in qgis installed from osgeo4w

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:12:17 PDT 2015

Hi again :)

> AFAIK grass plugin isn't installed by OSGeo4W default installation.
>
> start the  OSGeo4W-setup -> advanced install -> Libs:
>
> activate there:
>
> qgis-grass plugin (for grass64)
> qgis-grass plugin common
> qgis-grass plugin7 (for grass7)

So, i activated these libraries and now I get two different QGIS icons: one
with grass6 and the other with grass7

The one with grass6 works fine, both grass plugin and grass tools through
processing are there and seem to work

But, the one with grass7 does not have grass plugin installed nor in the
available plugin list and, maybe because of that (?), grass tools through
processing do not work and when trying to use any of them it opens a dialog
box saying I need to configure grassgis7 folder... But there's no GRASS
item in Configuration --> Options (maybe just because the grass plugin is
not there), so I don't know where or if i even can do that without the
grass plugin... sorry for ignorant here :(

Thanks so much all of you for your help!
Best,
Vero