[GRASS-dev] Planning of 7.0.2 release

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Oct 31 03:18:54 PDT 2015

Markus Neteler wrote
> Hi devs,
>
> given the #2720 (r.in.gdal don't start on wingrass 7.0.1) being fixed
> along
> with
> other fixes, I would suggest to plan a followup release 7.0.2.
>
> As always, some open issues remain (either to be done or to be postponed),
> please check:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#a7.0.2tobebackported
>

>    - r64877 <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64877> -
>    grass/trunk/raster/r.patch: call Rast_cell_size just once, not for
> every
>    cell
>    - r62162 <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/62162> -
>    vector/v.generalize: add test for self-intersection, use
>    Vect_line_intersection2()
>    - r64404 <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64404> -
> libpython:
>    move cmd list <-> tuple from wxGUI
>    - r64406 <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/64406> - wxGUI:
> replace
>    utils cmd list <-> tuple by grass.script.gtask functions
>    - What is the status of r65057
>    <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/65057>, #2626
>    <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2626>, #2627
>    <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2627>, #2628
>    <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2628>, #2147
>    <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2147> and #2655
>    <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2655>?
>    - r65634 <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/65634> wxGUI
> source
>    code compatibility
>    - r65519 <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/65519> temporal
>    library: Store the default database connection as shell variable
> substitute
>    to avoid wrong temporal database path's in cases the location was
> renamed
>    or the path to the grass database changed.
>
> I didn't go through myself yet, but the respective authors may please
> comment (or just do it).
>
> thanks
> Markus

font paths aren't updated during a OSGeo4W-winGRASS installation, see:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2784

(further d.* problems also mentioned in some  other tickets)

in #2784 I've added a patch for trunk to do a g.mkfontcap run by
OSGeo4W-postinstall.bat in order to update the font paths.

as I'm travelling, can anyone review the few lines in the patch?

if applied and tested by an OSGeo4W-winGRASS trunk daily, it should be
backported to 7.0.2.RCx IMO.

-----
best regards
Helmut