[GRASS-dev] addon mismatch

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:48:38 PDT 2015

On 10-09-15 16:29, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
>>> e.g. the addon v.in.gbif
>>>
>>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.in.gbif
>>>
>>> it seems the addon is built ok:
>>> but the manual can't be find here:
>>>
>>> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/
>> I think it is because it is missing in this Makefile:
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/Makefile
> yes, that's the reason (likewise for others).
>
>> I'm not sure if there is a documentation for this. We probably miss, how the
>> create an addon.
> I have started a section here:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting#GRASSGISAddons

A related / similar issue, I have added an add-on
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/raster/r.biodiversity
and added it to the parent Make file. I can't recall having done
anything else then just uploading an add-on in the past, but it is not
available through g.extension, nor does it show up in the online manual
pages. From the links mentioned above, I am not clear what else I should
do, or whether I did something wrong during upload?