[GRASS-dev] Some wxPython 3 issues

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 05:37:17 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> The demo looks perfect (see screenshot) as in the lower part of the
> >> bulk importer. So seems to be a GRASS issue. Perhaps the wx.CheckBox()
> >> changes the style somehow unintentionally?
> >

> > It's not the standard native checkbox, you should look for
> > CheckListCtrlMixin.
>
> Ah I see.
>
> # start overview page
> python /usr/share/doc/wxPython-docs/demo/Main.py
>
> Yes, it is CheckListCtrlMixin which is unreadable.
>
> I definitely like CheckBox better (also in the past) for the layer
> manager. Is there a reason to use CheckListCtrlMixin?
> At least I got some insights now how these checkboxes are called...

We can't use normal checkboxes together with the tree view, you can look at
the demo in CustomTreeCtrl. You can send the screenshot to wxpython user
mailing list. But at least the checkboxes are working, they are just not
nice, right?

> > For the editing issue, look for ListCtrl_edit in the
> > demo (I used 2.8 demo, so hopefully it has the same name in wpython 3
> demo).

Again, ask on mailing list. They will probably suggest you to test newer
wxpython version and then create a ticket, but maybe they have some more
insights.