[GRASS-dev] Some wxPython 3 issues

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 18 00:55:03 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The demo looks perfect (see screenshot) as in the lower part of the
>> bulk importer. So seems to be a GRASS issue. Perhaps the wx.CheckBox()
>> changes the style somehow unintentionally?
>

> It's not the standard native checkbox, you should look for
> CheckListCtrlMixin.

Ah I see.

# start overview page
python /usr/share/doc/wxPython-docs/demo/Main.py

Yes, it is CheckListCtrlMixin which is unreadable.

I definitely like CheckBox better (also in the past) for the layer
manager. Is there a reason to use CheckListCtrlMixin?
At least I got some insights now how these checkboxes are called...

> For the editing issue, look for ListCtrl_edit in the
> demo (I used 2.8 demo, so hopefully it has the same name in wpython 3 demo).

Yes, the same name and yes it is broken, too bad. So that's not a GRASS issue.

Markus