[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] data catalog question

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:31:27 PDT 2016

On 13-04-16 15:27, Anna Petrášová wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:43 AM, Paulo van Breugel
>>
>> On 13-04-16 05:24, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Paulo van Breugel
>>
>> On 12-04-16 18:21, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Paulo van Breugel
>>
>> Hi Anna
>>
>> I just updated GRASS trunk version (GRASS GIS 7.1.svn r68252) to test the
>> data catalogue. However, when opening the data tab in the main GUI, after
>> some waiting, the GUI crashes with:
>>
>> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(30614,1): Mapset <backup> does not exist
>>
>> this error comes from g.list mapset=backup ...
>>
>> and 'backup' comes from running 'g.mapsets -l' for each location.
>> Could you run it in the problematic location? Do you get then
>> 'backup'? Also you can try to switch on debug mode.
>>
>> Found the problem. In one of the locations I had a copy of a mapset folder
>> 'Dispersal' which I named 'Dispersal backup', so it is the space in the name
>> of the second one that caused the problem.
>>
>> I'll try to reproduce it and see if it can be handle this situation better
>>
>> I don't know what the rest of the errors mean. If you find the
>> problem, I can try to reproduce it.
>>
>> Anna
>>
>> Weird, I created a mapset with space in the name and everything works...
>>

>> When I have a mapset with space, e.g., 'Dispersal backup', and I open for
>> the first time the data tab in the main GUI, grass tries to look for a
>> mapset 'Dispersal' and a mapset 'backup' (underlined below). Note that there
>> also was a real mapset 'Dispersal', not sure if that makes a difference.
>>
>> D1/5: grass.script.core.start_command(): g.list --q -mt
>> type=raster,raster_3d,vector
>> mapset=ConsStat,Dispersal,Dispersal,backup,EthiopiaJvdS,GeneticDistance,JvdS,LUCC,PERMANENT,climchange,samplesize
> I fixed that, now it will list the maps in the mapsets correctly.
Hi, copying, renaming  and displaying works great in the current
location. I can also copy and paste layers between mapsets of another
location. I cannot, however, copy maps from another location to the
current location/mapset. The context menu shows the copy option, and in
the status bar (or whatever you call the area with message at the
bottom) there is the message that the layer can be copied into the
current mapset. However, the 'paste' option is greyed out when right
clicking on the current mapset.