[GRASS-dev] r.volume - error: reading raster at row x outside of region

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Apr 24 12:21:46 PDT 2016

Hi devs,

I have 2 rasters:

r.info map=sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_slope

 | Map:      sample_tallard_eu_dem_western  Date: Sun Apr 24 20:36:43 2016
|
 | Mapset:   westernalpsriver               Login of Creator: bugs
|
 | Location: eudem_epsg3035
|
 | DataBase: /home/bugs/grassdata
|
 | Title:    slope in degrees ( sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_slope )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 77
|
 |   Data Type:    FCELL
|
 |   Rows:         4713
|
 |   Columns:      4808
|
 |   Total Cells:  22660104
|
 |        Projection: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
|
 |            N:    2460525    S:    2342700   Res:    25
|
 |            E:    4098800    W:    3978600   Res:    25
|
 |   Range of data:    min = 0  max = 76.56607
|

 |   Data Source:
|
 |    raster elevation file r_elevation_crop
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.slope.aspect
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    slope map elev = r_elevation_crop
|
 |    zfactor = 1.00 format = degrees
|
 |    min_slope = 0.000000
|

 |    r.slope.aspect elevation="r_elevation_crop" slope="sample_tallard_eu\
|
 |    _dem_westernalps_slope" aspect="sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_as\
|
 |    pect" format="degrees" precision="FCELL" zscale=1.0 min_slope=0.0

 r.info map=sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin

 | Map:      sample_tallard_eu_dem_western  Date: Sun Apr 24 20:36:03 2016
|
 | Mapset:   westernalpsriver               Login of Creator: bugs
|
 | Location: eudem_epsg3035
|
 | DataBase: /home/bugs/grassdata
|
 | Title:     ( sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin )
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 0
|
 |   Data Type:    CELL
|
 |   Rows:         4713
|
 |   Columns:      4808
|
 |   Total Cells:  22660104
|
 |        Projection: Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
|
 |            N:    2460525    S:    2342700   Res:    25
|
 |            E:    4098800    W:    3978600   Res:    25
|
 |   Range of data:    min = 1  max = 1
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.stream.basins
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    r.stream.basins direction="sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_drainag\
|
 |    e_e" points="sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_outlet_snap" memory=3\
|
 |    00 basins="sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin"

when I do r.volume with these rasters, I get:

r.volume --verbose input=sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_slope
clump=sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin
ERROR: Die Leseanfrage der Rasterkarte
<sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin@> für Zeile -82 ist außerhalb der
Region.
ERROR: Reading of raster map <sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin@> for
row -82 is outside the region.

D3/3: row=4712 col=4805: zero or negs ignored
D3/3: row=4712 col=4806: zero or negs ignored
D3/3: row=4712 col=4807: zero or negs ignored
 100%
FEHLER: Die Leseanfrage der Rasterkarte
        <sample_tallard_eu_dem_westernalps_basin@> für Zeile -82 ist
        außerhalb der Region.

the computational region:

g.region -p -a raster=eu_dem_westernalps at westernalpsriver
vector=v_region_durance_buffer5000 at westernalpsriver
align=eu_dem_westernalps at westernalpsriver
projection: 99 (Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area)
zone:       0
datum:      etrs89
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      2460525
south:      2342700
west:       3978600
east:       4098800
nsres:      25
ewres:      25
rows:       4713
cols:       4808
cells:      22660104

any idea what causes such an error?

r.volume, tested with a lot of other rasters of different extents, worked so
far ...

-----
best regards
Helmut