[GRASS-dev] [SoC] GSoC: Basic cartography suite in GRASS - Week 10

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Aug 1 01:34:38 PDT 2016

Adam,

On 31/07/16 20:50, Adam Laža wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> below is my tenth week report.
>
> Best regards,
> Adam
>
> Wiki page:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/BasicCartographySuiteInGRASS
>
> Week 10, July, 25 - July, 29
>
> 1. What did you get done this week?
> I fixed a bug in d.legend module [1]
> I worked on d.legend.vect module. I implemented the vector legend for
> GUI and d.mon.
> I designed some symbols for area and line vector maps.
>
> 2. What do you plan on doing next week?
> I will continue work on vector legend.

Great work on the cartography front !!

Another idea for the vector legend: add a frequency histogram next to
the legend to see how many objects are in each class. A bit like the
histogram feature of the raster legend for continuous data (would be
nice to have that for categorized data as well).

Just to keep you busy ;-)

Moritz