[GRASS-dev] [SoC] GSoC: Basic cartography suite in GRASS - Week 10

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 19:06:45 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 4:34 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> On 31/07/16 20:50, Adam Laža wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> below is my tenth week report.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Adam
>>
>> Wiki page:
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/BasicCartographySuiteInGRASS
>>
>> Week 10, July, 25 - July, 29
>>
>> 1. What did you get done this week?
>> I fixed a bug in d.legend module [1]
>> I worked on d.legend.vect module. I implemented the vector legend for
>> GUI and d.mon.
>> I designed some symbols for area and line vector maps.
>>
>> 2. What do you plan on doing next week?
>> I will continue work on vector legend.
>

> Great work on the cartography front !!
>
> Another idea for the vector legend: add a frequency histogram next to the
> legend to see how many objects are in each class. A bit like the histogram
> feature of the raster legend for continuous data (would be nice to have that
> for categorized data as well).
>
> Just to keep you busy ;-)

I suggest to create an enhancement ticket for that because we won't
get to it in this GSoC and this nice idea could get lost.

BTW, I committed the first version of the vector legend, so you can
test it in trunk. You still have to run:
g.extension d.legend.vect

We will move d.legend.vect later into trunk.

Best,
Anna