[GRASS-dev] m.printws - new module recommendation/announcement

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:14:27 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> I would like to test this new add-on very much, but I haven't been able to
> install it with g.extension as explained here:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass73/manuals/g.extension.html for the case of
> repositories other than SVN. This is the command I'm using:
>
> g.extension m.printws
> url=github.com/kuszinger/giscomgrass7addons/tree/master/m.printws
> Fetching <m.printws> from
> <https://github.com/kuszinger/giscomgrass7addons/tree/master/m.printws/archive/master.zip>
> (be patient)...
> ERROR: Extension <m.printws> not found
>
> (I'm using a freshly recompiled grass73 - r69069M under Linux-Fedora24)
>
> Am I using g.extension properly? Any ideas?

I think it's because it's not at top level in the repository.
g.extension expects the module is at top level and creates an URL of
the zip. Github doesn't seem to allow you to download a subdirectory
from the repo as a zip, so I don't think we can do anything about it,
at least not easily.

Either download the module manually and run in the directory with the module:
make MODULE_TOPDIR=/path/to/trunk
make install MODULE_TOPDIR=/path/to/trunk

or Robert can split the repo into two, one for each addon.

Anna