[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3114: v.kriging: images in manual do not show (and when shown should be bigger)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 29 00:24:54 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Eva Stopková <eva.stopkova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>>  The v.kriging addon could do with a bit more love for documentation: In
>>  the  manual the images are not shown. All images as in an 'images'
>>  directory within the addons directory, but that images directory does not
>>  get installed together with the addon.
>>
>>  I don't know if there is Makefile magic to install that directory.
>
> I have tried adding VPATH [1] to the Makefile.

This will not work and also not necessarily portable. And image
copying is already implemented :) and no private solution should be
implemented.

See
include/Make/HtmlRules.make

> I would like to ask... does
> the issue with missing images happen just here [2]

Yes.

> or does it appear in general?

No

> I have tried to install the modules from addons (after cleaning my
> GRASS) and the images seem to work correctly in my computer. I would like to
> understand the issue better, may I ask what is the difference between
> compiling module at user's computer and here [2]?

If the images are at root directory of the addon nothing has to be
done in the addon Makefile and it will work on any platform.

>> The other solution is to put all images into the root directory of the
>> addon.
>
> I would prefer them to stay in separate subdirectories, but if it won't
> work, I shall replace them.

Why do you need a separate subdirectory (especially images/small/)?
Maybe a Makefile trick could be added to support a subdirectoy but two
of them are not ideal.

[...]

Best,
Markus