[GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:25:37 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> - important: please add fixes and your favourite improvements to the
>>> 7.2.0-News page (too much for one person to check)
>>>

> Fixes are added automatically, no ? And they should no go into the "module
> changes" sections, or ?

If you mean the list of closed tickets, I would say that that's not enough.
It contains all sorts of stuff (and is [fortunately] very long) and the
ticket title often does not tell you enough (or in a right way) about what
was changed. So a hand-crafted note is better, I think.

> As a side note: should we profit of these release announcements to also
> list all the new addons checked into the repository since the last release ?

I think this is a great idea. It might be just hard to say what is "since
the last release" (now we work on 6.4, 7.0 and 7.2 series).