[GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 30 13:51:21 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Moritz Lennert

>> Fixes are added automatically, no ?

Unfortunately not really:
- many bug report titles are hard to understand
- many fixes do not have a bug report

>> And they should no go into the "module changes" sections, or ?

I believe they should. Because most users will read that part, not the
"scary" #somenumber lines :-)

> If you mean the list of closed tickets, I would say that that's not enough.
> It contains all sorts of stuff (and is [fortunately] very long) and the
> ticket title often does not tell you enough (or in a right way) about what
> was changed. So a hand-crafted note is better, I think.

Yes. Also, because it is organized by topic, not by ascending numbers.

>> As a side note: should we profit of these release announcements to also
>> list all the new addons checked into the repository since the last release ?
>

> I think this is a great idea. It might be just hard to say what is "since
> the last release" (now we work on 6.4, 7.0 and 7.2 series).

Yes, sounds great.

Markus