[GRASS-dev] r.colors.out_sld problems installing and running

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:37:09 PST 2016

Hi Hamish

I am trying to install your r.colors.out_sld plugin using g.extension,
but I am getting the following error message:

Compiling...
/tmp/grass7-paulo-7909/tmpBesVaZ/r.colors.out_sld/docs/html/r.colors.out_sld.html:73:0: Error (IndexError('pop from empty list',)): export of contious color rules (ramp).</p>

make: *** [/tmp/grass7-paulo-7909/tmpBesVaZ/r.colors.out_sld/docs/man/man1/r.colors.out_sld.1] Error 1
ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

This looks like it might be an issue with the html page, which does not
seem to follow the guidelines. Attached a patch file
(r.colors.out_sld_html.patch) with some changes to comply with the
guidelines, which perhaps solves above.

After copying the script to the script folder, the plugin runs fine for
maps with categories, but gives an error for raster layers without
categories. The attached patch (r.colors.out_sld.patch) corrects this I
hope.

Best wishes,

Paulo