[GRASS-dev] g.region -a results in a (slightly) different resolution

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 06:54:52 PST 2016

Dear devs,

As I understand, setting the a flag when defining a region should
maintain the original resolution. So when setting different bounds based
on a vector layer and with the a flag set, I would expect exactly the
same resolution. Yet, the below output shows that this is not the case
(even though differences are small). Am I misunderstanding something?

GRASS 7.3.svn (Latlon):~ > g.region -g

projection=3

zone=0

n=10

s=0

w=-80

e=-70

nsres=0.00025

ewres=0.00025

rows=40000

cols=40000

cells=1600000000

GRASS 7.3.svn (Latlon):~ > g.region -a vector=pastures

GRASS 7.3.svn (Latlon):~ > g.region -g

projection=3

zone=0

n=9.26125