[GRASS-dev] g.region -a results in a (slightly) different resolution

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Dec 23 07:00:16 PST 2016

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Paulo van Breugel
> Dear devs,
>
> As I understand, setting the a flag when defining a region should maintain
> the original resolution. So when setting different bounds based on a vector
> layer and with the a flag set, I would expect exactly the same resolution.

... I think only, when you also use the res=xxx parameter.

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/g.region.html#notes
"With the -a flag all four boundaries are adjusted to be even
multiples of the resolution, aligning the region to the resolution
supplied by the user. The default is to align the region resolution to
match the region boundaries. "

Please try along with the res=value.

Markus