[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2914: i.segment.hierarchical: the outputs_prefix option should not require formatting string

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 11 04:44:22 PST 2016

#2914: i.segment.hierarchical: the outputs_prefix option should not require
formatting string
 Reporter:  mlennert                             |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                               |     Status:  new
  prefix                                         |
 Platform:  Unspecified                          |
 In i.segment.hierarchical, the outputs_prefix is defined as

 {{{
 outputs_prefix=string
     Name for output raster maps from segment
     Default: seg__%.2f
 }}}

 The way this parameter is used in the code, it requires a formatting
 string as present in the default. However, this is not clearly documented
 (except implicitly through the default value), and IMHO shouldn't be
 required. The formatting information should be added in the code, not by
 the user as is usual custom in GRASS modules.

 I'll attach a patch shows a possible solution, but I'll wait for Pietro to
 comment on that before committing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2914>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>