[GRASS-dev] -s flag in temporal modules

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 06:42:34 PST 2016

soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Indeed, a colon ":" must be avoided in map names, since the layer of
>> vector maps are identified this way (time stamped tables).
>> I think your suggestion of using 2001-01-01T00.00.00 is a good solution.
>

> Is it really necessary? Where exactly the colon is used? Is it internal?
Isn't ISO-compliant date-time format good enough reason to change it?

Nope, it isnt. The colon identifies the time stamped layer of a vector map
and is part if its id in the temporal database. We surely do not need ISO
conform time suffixes for raster and vector names, since they are not SQL
compliant.

Best
Sören