[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2814: digitizer crashes, leaves vector broken

Harri Kiiskinen harkiisk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 02:06:36 PST 2016

From: "GRASS GIS" <trac at osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [GRASS GIS] #2814: digitizer crashes, leaves vector broken
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 09:56:04 -0000

> #2814: digitizer crashes, leaves vector broken
> --------------------------+-------------------------------
>   Reporter:  harrikoo     |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
>       Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
>  Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  7.0.2
> Resolution:               |   Keywords:  digitizer, vector
>        CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
> --------------------------+-------------------------------
>
> Comment (by mlennert):
>
>  Replying to [comment:14 martinl]:
>  > Replying to [ticket:2814 harrikoo]:
>  > > I have yet to build a case where this manifests consistently, but it
>  has appeared several times. I describe some features of the defect:
>  > >
>  > > 1. Usually happens when crossing lines and boundaries: moving vertices
>  around so that existing lines cross, thus creating new lines/areas. But
>  not always; I haven't found a regular pattern yet.
>  > >
>  > > 2. digitizer crashes immeadiately, as does wxgui
>  >
>  > I am not sure of originally reported issue is fixed (there is no undo
>  mentioned)
>
>  I've tried to reproduce, but can't. We would need a reproducible
>  example...

I've been trying to comment on this one, but the Trac login does not
work, so I can't get into the system.

I've been following the discussion with interest. I could reproduce
the bugs discovered by 'mlennert', but the results were not the same:
the coor file did have extra data, but could be opened with
g.gui.vdigit, after which the file was quite ok.

Good to have these bugs fixed, too; but in the original cases, the
resulting vector was in such a state, that g.gui.vdigit was not able
to open it any more.

But as I wrote, I have not been able to create a reproducible example;
but the exactly same phenomenon has happened a few times during the
last two months I've been using the g.gui.vdigit extensively. Now that
I know what to wait for, I'll try to figure out what exactly I did
before the crash next time. (g.gui.vdigit does crash quite a lot, but
usually the results are harmless.)

Best,

Harri K.