[GRASS-dev] GRASS_ADDON_BASE or GRASS_ADDON_PATH and other variables

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Jan 13 02:00:21 PST 2016

hi  devs,

taken from the GRASS-stats ML:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-stats/2016-January/001634.html

"However, it will not work for initGRASS(), which does not set
GRASS_ADDON_BASE or GRASS_ADDON_PATH.

Where should I look to see where the correct values are stored on Unix
(Linux and OSX?) and Windows? I see: GRASS_ADDON_BASE as GNU/Linux is
$HOME/.grass7/addons, on MS Windows $APPDATA\GRASS7\addons in:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/variables.html

Is %APPDATA% a predictable location on Windows?

What happens if the user sets prefix= in g.extension?

On Windows, adding GRASS_ADDON_BASE\bin to the PATH is sufficient (because
all scripts in /scripts have a matching *.bat in /bin. On Unix, we need
both /scripts (for Python scripts) and /bin for compiled extensions. Do we
need toolboxes?"

maybe some hints for this?!

-----
best regards